- In an effort to best serve students choosing Shakopee Online, will offer students an opportunity to participate online only for the 2020-21 school year.
- Shakopee Online will seek to have as many staff as possible dedicated solely to providing services in this program.
- Many courses will be taught by Shakopee teachers who will shift from their previous assignments to serving in Shakopee Online.
- Live instruction with interactive feedback will be employed whenever possible.
- Course offerings will be robust, but will not necessarily match those available at school.
- Students choosing Shakopee Online can expect to engage in interesting, rigorous coursework with timely feedback and assistance from teachers.
- Students will be able to personalize work time to fit individual needs.
- Support services (Special Education, 504 supports, EL) will be available to students in this program.
Shakopee Online is a K-12 virtual program that provides equitable educational opportunities for all students. The online classroom will focus on building relationships while providing exceptional online learning experiences in order to meet the Shakopee School District's mission of educating lifelong learners to succeed in a diverse world.
With Shakopee Online, you can:
Expect regular LIVE instruction and interaction with a licensed Shakopee teacher
Engage in interesting and rigorous coursework with timely feedback and assistance as needed
Personalize your work time to fit your individualized needs
Receive your required support services (Special Education, 504 supports, English Learner)
Participate in enrichment and/or intervention opportunities as needed
Self-selected drop-in appointments in person as needed (Minnesota Department of Health Guidelines apply)