COVID-19 "Coronavirus" Information Center
On March 15, 2020, Governor Tim Walz announced that all public schools in Minnesota will be closing for students Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, March 27. This means, Shakopee Public Schools will be closed March 18 through March 27. This closure is to allow the public school educators time to plan and prepare to implement an extended distance learning program. Monday, March 30 through Friday, April 3 will remain as the scheduled Spring Break for Shakopee Public Schools.
During the week of March 23-27, teachers may work remotely, continuing to plan individually and/or collectively for distance learning. If needed, additional training will be made available to teachers in preparing to provide distance learning. This training may be done remotely or in person, as appropriate.
Beginning April 6, Shakopee Public Schools will be prepared to implement distance learning and it will continue as long as needed. Until further notice, only legally mandated meetings (i.e. Shakopee School Board and IEP meetings) may be held. All other meetings and facilities rentals are canceled.
Effective immediately, the following are canceled until further notice:
- Community events scheduled in Shakopee Public Schools facilities
- Facility Rentals
- Community Education programs, including Youth Enrichment
- Field trips
- Athletic and activity contests, performances, practices, banquets and/or meetings
Shakopee Public Schools will continue sharing information via district communication channels: email, website, social media, and our parent phone notification system, including text and voicemails. We will continue to send regular updates to our staff, parents/guardians and community as plans are developed or as the situation changes. Please continue to monitor our communication channels.
- Pre-Spring Break Communication
- Governor Walz Stay at Home Order
- Shakopee Public Schools Distance Learning Plan
- Superintendent's Letter to Community
- Food Distribution and Delivery Information
- Emergency Worker Childcare Information
- March 15, 2020 | Afternoon Update
- March 15, 2020 | Morning Update
- March 13, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- March 12, 2020
- March 11, 2020
- March 9, 2020
- March 4, 2020