Shakopee Alumni Association Athletic Hall of Fame
Each year the Shakopee Alumni Association, in partnership with Shakopee Public Schools, will sponsor an annual event for the Shakopee Distinguished Alumni and Athletic Hall of Fames. We are currently seeking nominations. There are two ways to submit a nomination:
- Fill out the form online and submit the nomination right away. Click here to fill out the online form. Note: make sure you have time to fill out the form completely because it does not save as you go.
Criteria for Inductees
A candidate for induction into the Shakopee Athletic Hall of Fame must satisfy the qualifications in one of the following categories:
- Athletic and Personal Achievement: A former Shakopee High School athlete who performed with excellence and lettered in a Varsity sport. Must be a graduate and out of school for at least ten (10) years. The inductee may be either living or deceased.
- Coaches: A nominee must have been a former or present coach who has distinguished himself/herself by demonstrating exceptional leadership, character, and athletic achievement during his/her tenure at Shakopee. The inductee may be either living or deceased.
- Special Award: A person who has been a loyal and devoted supporter of Shakopee Athletics.
Election of Inductees
- The Shakopee Alumni Association Selection Committee may select a maximum of 4 former athletes each year.
- The SAA Selection Committee may select a maximum of 2 former/present coaches per year and none if they so desire.
- All nominees not selected in one of these three categories will remain on the nominee selection list for 2 years.