2019 Community Facilities Task Force
Shakopee Public Schools' Community Facilities Task Force analyzes pertinent information and examines the use of existing space in the district. The CFTF will then share recommendations for ways to use the existing space. Our Community Facilities Task Force is comprised of a broad cross section of interests from school district residents and parents to district staff and administration.
The goal of the Task Force is to achieve a thorough understanding of the capacity of existing spaces and the areas where space is available. The Task Force will make a recommendation of the most appropriate use of these spaces to the Shakopee School Board. The Task Force analysis will include Pearson School and the Central Family Center (CFC). It will also take into account enrollment trends.
Establish a current understanding of school district facilities
- What is the maximum capacity of district buildings?
- What is the quantity of available space in the district?
- How do we make the best use of our current spaces?
- Enrollment and current building capacities
- Pearson School
- Central Family Center
Topics not part of our task force
- Grade configuration
- Attendance areas
- Transfer request between buildings
- Temporary crowding
- Taskforce: 18 participants
- Community/parents (6)
- Teachers (4 = 1 early childhood, 1 elementary, 1 middle, 1 high school)
- Staff (2)
- School Board members (3)
- District administrator (1)
- Building administrator (1)
- Buildings & Grounds Manager (Ed Zeimet)
- Committee facilitator (Scott McQueen, Wold Architects & Engineers)
- Resources: Superintendent , administrators and other experts as appropriate
- Use self-nomination application process
April 8–24, 2019 | Self-nomination application window
April 24, 2019 | 3PM | Application deadline
May 6, 2019 | CFTF appointed at board meeting | Update
July 11, 2019 | Summer Mtg | 6PM | Minutes
August 22, 2019 | Summer Mtg | 6PM
September 18, 2019 | Meeting | 6PM
October 3, 2019 | Meeting | 6PM
October 15, 2019 | Meeting | 6PM
November 4, 2019 | Meeting | 6PM
November 12, 2019 | Meeting | 6PM
December 2, 2019 | Meeting | 6PM
November 20, 2019 | CFTF presents recommendations to School Board Facilities Committee | 5PM
December 9, 2019 | CFTF presents recommendations at School Board Business Meeting | 6PM
January 2020 | CFTF final presentation | Exact date TBD