Latest TLC News
Issued January 12, 2022
Dear TLC Students and Families,
You should have recently received a communication from Shakopee Public Schools indicating that all elementary, middle, and high schools will be moving to a distance learning model starting on Tuesday, January 18th to help alleviate stress in operations caused by the most recent Covid-19 surge.
The Tokata Learning Center will NOT be moving to a distance learning model. While the TLC has experienced an uptick in positive cases, our program size and flexibility is well suited to adapt to recent operational challenges. Therefore, TLC will continue with regular on-site operations with the following exceptions:
- Friday, January 14th: No school for students
- Friday, January 21st: TLC Hybrid Day (students work from home)
- Friday, January 28th: TLC Hybrid Day (students work from home) ***end of progress term #6***
- Friday, February 4th: No school for students
Students are expected to attend school as scheduled and work to meet their planned academic goals.
In order to support our effort to maintain on-site operations, we ask for your continued partnership with the following:
- Keep your student home if they are not feeling well and/or present any covid-like symptoms
- Notify us if your student is out ill or will not be in attendance for any reason: 952-496-5982
- Continue to follow district Health and Safety guidelines including requirements for students to wear masks and adhere to isolation and quarantine protocols.
Thanks for your continued partnership and flexibility as we work to navigate this challenging pandemic. Your student’s safety, well-being, and learning are all essential considerations when pandemic-related decisions like this are made. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.