Health Services Department
The mission of Shakopee Public Schools Health Services is to promote health and safety in support of student learning. The health team, in partnership with students, families and school personnel, supports children to be their best selves. Shakopee Schools not only works to keep our practices safe, and students and staff healthy, but they also ensure privacy of information obtained and relayed.
Healthy students are better learners!
Meet your School Health Services staff
Each school in the district is staffed with a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) and overseen by a district Licensed School Nurse (LSN/RN). School nurses are present during the school day to provide the following health services for students:
- First aid
- Prescribed health procedures
- Hearing and vision screening
- Evaluation for special services
- Immunization compliance
- Case management for students with chronic health conditions
- Monitoring and Reporting of communicable diseases
- Maintenance of health records
- Crisis team planning and response
- Guidance for COVID-19 protocol
District Health Services
COVID-19 Testing Locations
Scott County continually updates COVID-19 testing sites and related resources on their website.
The MN Department of Health is also promoting at-home COVID-19 saliva testing for any person who wants to be tested, with or without symptoms, at no cost. More information is available on the Minnesota Department of Health’s website.