Volunteering & Donations
Shakopee Public Schools welcomes volunteers of all ages who want to share their talents, skills, time and resources to help support our teachers, students and programs. Volunteers play an important role in the success of our students. Our students and staff gain insight and fresh perspectives from our volunteers. And our volunteers have found that helping in the schools is a worthwhile experience. Whether you have an hour a day, a week, or month or are only available from time to time, we can use your help.
Some ways you can volunteer include:
- Read to students
- Work with students on math, reading or writing skills
- Work with a teacher on classroom prep work (sorting, stapling, cutting, etc.)
- Serve on the PTO or help with a PTO event
- Junior Achievement
- Workroom (laminating, copies, cutting, stapling, etc)
- Take home projects
- Picture days
- Field trips
- Book fair
- Classroom parties
- Business partnerships
- District committees
All volunteers working in a building or with students or staff must first complete an application and go through a background check. The application can be found at the below link.
All volunteers must follow health and safety guidance employed by the district. The full guide can be found here.
- Early Learning: Visitors or volunteers are permitted by appointment only and must wear a face mask/covering.
- Elementary: Visitors or volunteers will be allowed to work with students or chaperone field trips, but must wear a face mask/covering. No visitors will be allowed for lunch.
- Secondary: Visitors or volunteers will be allowed and must follow the current/active building health and safety guidelines.
Donations and additional district support (e.g. district-wide volunteer requests) can be directed to Tiffany Olson via email at email@example.com or phone at 952.496.5991.
Volunteer Program Contacts
District Volunteer Program Supervisor: Melissa Sibinski - firstname.lastname@example.org, 945.496.5048
Pearson Early Learning Center: Elaine Mckenzie-Berens email@example.com
Eagle Creek Elementary: Tracey White firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackson Elementary: Donna Richards email@example.com
Red Oak Elementary: Jessica Schmidt firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun Path Elementary: Janis Majerus email@example.com
Sweeney Elementary: Melissa SIbinksi firstname.lastname@example.org
East Middle School: Angela Misgen email@example.com
West Middle School: Nomi Chial firstname.lastname@example.org
High School: Elizabeth Duehr (business partners) email@example.com
- Other inquiries can be directed to the front office
Tokata Learning Center: See front office