Encouraging kids to read at home is extremely important in order to support their reading growth and improvement outside of school. Each month I will be sending home Scholastic Book Orders. The book orders will have a number of books for first graders to read. If you would like to order something from these book orders, there are a couple ways to do so.
**The best way is to order the books online. This is a quick and easy way to order books and it also gives your child's classroom the opportunity to receive free books from Scholastic. Here is the process for ordering online:
1. Visit the www.scholastic.com/bookclubs website. From there, go to the "parent page."
2. Once on the "parent page," click on the "register" link under the "first time here?" link. You can then create a username and password you will be able to use throughout the school year whenever you'd like to order things from Scholastic.
3. Enter the Class Activation Code in the appropriate part of the page.
4. Look through the book titles and make your order using your credit card. Please be sure to complete this process by the due date for that particular month. It will typically be the during the last week of each month.
5. Once you have placed your order online, you DO NOT need to send in money or the paper form to school. If you do send them to school, you will be charged twice for the books you'd like to order.
6. After making your online order, your credit card will be charged and will go directly to Scholastic. The order will be placed with the rest of the orders that were placed.
7. I will complete the ordering process and the books will be delivered to me at Jackson Elementary. Once I receive them (in about a week or two after I make the order), I will send them home with the students who ordered them.
8. If you place your Scholastic orders online, it will give our classroom points and we will be able to get free books for our classroom library. YOU also have the opportunity to receive coupons for future online orders.
Class Activation Code: GYKF8
**If you would rather make the order through "paper-copy", you may send in the paper order form out of the book order along with a CHECK made out of Scholastic Books. THERE WILL BE NO CASH ACCEPTED FOR PAYMENT.
Please let me know if you have questions! :) Thank you!!