Addressing Concerns

Do you have concerns about your child's development?

  • As you watch your child grow, you may become concerned about your child’s development. While all young children grow and change at their own rate, sometimes you may have concerns that your child is developing differently than other children the same age.   Shakopee Early Intervention has a team to support families and children from birth to 36 months.  Please contact us if you have concerns about your child's development.

    Detailed information about child development is available on the Help Me Grow website:


    There are several ways to make a referral if you have concerns about your child's development.

    Help Me Grow

    Electronic referrals are confidential and are automatically sent to the school district.

    Phone: 866-693-4769

    Other Methods for Referral

    Phone: 952.496.5860


    When making a referral, please include your child's name, date of birth, and a description of your concern. Once a referral is made to the local early intervention program, the family will be contacted to arrange for a screening or evaluation to determine if your child is eligible for infant and toddler intervention or preschool special education services.