Shakopee CAPS Internship Video
Read more about the internship experience here.
The intent of the Shakopee CAPS program is to provide students with the opportunity to gain real world, hands-on work experience in professional work environments that relate to their academic and career interest and prepare them for future jobs. The program is also designed to give employers an opportunity to guide and evaluate future talent.
One of the most powerful experiences for our students and business partners is the Student Internship. Over the past two years of CAPS, we have placed over 75 students into internship experiences throughout the Shakopee Area. Our students have worked in businesses ranging from self-employed, small businesses to large Fortune 500 companies. Through the CAPS internship program our students and business have benefitted in many ways, including:
- Increase in professionalism and understanding of the world of work
- Knowledge of industry specific environments
- Networking relationships for future work opportunities
- Unparalleled experiences that set our student apart for post-secondary and future work goals
Business Mentor Benefits:
- Build a pipeline of candidates, decreasing recruitment costs
- Act as advocates in recruiting other high school and college students
- Student offer new perspectives and innovative ideas
- Leadership opportunities for current employees through student mentoring
- Workplace invigoration through supporting student development and sharing of industry
We would like to thank the many companies that are working with one or several of our students in an internship experience.
*If you are interested in serving as Business or Healthcare Mentor for a student intern, contact Zach Eidelbes at email@example.com