Shakopee CAPS Program
The Shakopee CAPS Program began in the fall of 2015 with the mission to help students gain professional skills and explore their possible career interests, all while immersed in the world of work. The CAPS Program is an elective program for juniors and seniors that immerses students into authentic career experiences with the help of local business partners.Shakopee CAPS requires students to be active, independent learners and fosters empowerment, self-discovery, collaboration and critical thinking skills. Students will engage in a variety of opportunities including real problem and project-based learning, tours, and job shadowing experiences. Through guided mentoring, students will be immersed in the professional environment through an internship experience that encompasses their personal interests.Currently, Shakopee CAPS has five programs:
- Business Administration and Management - Hosted by Valleyfair and Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community
- Creative Media - Hosted by Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community Marketing
- Engineering and Manufacturing - Hosted by Bayer
- Healthcare and Medicine - Hosted by St. Francis Regional Medical Center
- Human Services - Begins Fall 2023 - Hosted by Scott County and the City of Shakopee
Each program consists of students attending class for 2 of 4 blocks of the school day off-site at our partner locations during 1st Semester. Students will also apply and interview for a 3rd Quarter Internship in the Shakopee Area.