COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols
Primary Data for Determination of Learning Models
Last updated June 11, 2021
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols, Student Programs - Summer 2021
The Minnesota Safe Learning Plan expired at the end of the student instructional day on June 10, 2021. Moving forward after this date, for our student programming that will occur on and after June 11, 2021, the following rules will be in place:
- Face coverings are required only on public transportation. This is a federal government requirement as determined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Face coverings are not required anywhere within the school district, including inside district buildings.
- Face coverings are recommended by the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) for staff and students who are not vaccinated.
Physical distancing and cohorting
- There are no longer capacity or physical distancing requirements.
- Spacing will occur to the extent possible when indoors.
Health screening, isolation, quarantine
- Everyone will conduct a daily self-screening.
- Isolation will be required for a person who tests positive for COVID-19 or lives with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
- Families will be notified via email if a person who tests positive for COVID-19 was present within the classroom or in a summer school activity.
- Students and staff will not be required to quarantine if they are exposed to a person with COVID-19 at school or a school activity.
- Families may choose to have their child quarantined in such circumstances.
Student and staff COVID-19 testing
- On site testing is being discontinued in the school district due to very low participation rates.
- Testing remains available from other sources in the community.
Through week of May 24, 2021
Many cases were not in school during their infectious period and therefore no exposure occured within the district. These figures are also updated on a consistent basis.