About the Shakopee Alumni Association
After careful consideration, like many organizations had to do, last Fall, the Shakopee Alumni Association made the difficult decision to postpone the 2020 Hall of Fame induction festivities. We wanted to hold off until a time when we could adequately honor the chosen individuals, and also make that important tie back to Shakopee High School. As pandemic concerns continued well beyond expected timelines, we have made the decision to hold off on accepting new nominations, and will NOT be selecting new inductees this year.We will be honoring the inductees that were selected in 2020:
The nomination process for our 2022 Class will open in October 2021, and nominations will be accepted through May of 2022.Thank you for your understanding. We're looking forward to a return to business as usual, but appreciate the support of our alumni and community at this unprecedented time.
- Distinguished Hall of Fame - Jim Perry
- Athletic Hall of Fame - Amy Menke, Ashley Walker, and Lauren Hespenheide.
The Shakopee Alumni Association, 501(c)(3) public charity managed by the community, operate as a voice for Shakopee alumni and friends and to focus on five key goals:
- Encourage a continuing relationship between alumni and the Shakopee School District
- Organize alumni activities and support class reunions
- Contribute human and financial resources to the Shakopee Public Schools
- Establish an Athletics and Activities Fund (AAF) to provide a permanent source of income to support athletics and activities in the Shakopee Public School District
- Establish a Fine Arts Fund (FAF) to provide a permanent source of income to support fine arts activities in the Shakopee Public School District
Each year the Shakopee Alumni Association, in partnership with Shakopee Public Schools, will sponsor an annual event for the Shakopee Distinguished Alumni and Athletic Hall of Fames. Nominations for the Hall of Fame Class of 2020 were accepted until June 30, 2020.
Athletic Hall of Fame Criteria for Inductees
Shakopee Distinguished Alumni Criteria for Inductees
Athletic Hall of Fame Election of Inductees
Shakopee Distinguished Alumni Election of Inductees
The Shakopee Alumni Association is incorporated with State of Minnesota and has been classified by the IRS as a Section 501(c)(3) public charity. Charitable contributions to SAA are now deductible to the extent allowable by law.