Hall of Fame Class of 2018 Announced
The Shakopee Alumni Association is pleased to announced that the 2018 Hall of Fame inductees will include three individuals for the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame, and two individuals for the Athletic Hall of Fame.
Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame Inductees
Richard Luis - ‘63
Matthew Hyatt - ‘01
Kristal Monnens ‘01 (posthumous award)
Athletic Hall of Fame Inductees
Neil Johnson - Coach
Michael Dahl - ‘06
The SAA would like to the thank the community members who submitted nominations. “Since the Hall of Fame was first established in 2013, the number of nominations to consider has increased every year,” according to Stephanie Bode, the current Chair of the Shakopee Alumni Association. “It is our great honor to review and select the inductees each year, but the decision is not always easy, considering the many qualified and accomplished individuals who are deserving of acknowledgement." The SAA is excited to see all of the selected inductees join the Hall of Fame, as all of them have demonstrated excellence in pursuit of athletic or professional achievements, significant contributions to their community, a cause, or in many cases, all of these categories!
Together with Shakopee Public Schools, the SAA is looking forward to celebrating the 2018 Hall of Fame class during Homecoming activities on Friday, September 28, with a variety of events including a luncheon, induction ceremony and plaque unveiling at the high school, and an alumni meet and greet during the Homecoming football game, with a special introduction of the inductees during the halftime show.
Please watch this page for further updates, and inductee biographies to be posted in the upcoming weeks.
The Shakopee Alumni Association shall operate as a voice for Shakopee alumni and friends and to focus on five key goals:
- Encourage a continuing relationship between alumni and the Shakopee School District
- Organize alumni activities and support class reunions
- Contribute human and financial resources to the Shakopee Public Schools
- Establish an Athletics and Activities Fund (AAF) to provide a permanent source of income to support athletics and activities in the Shakopee Public School District
- Establish a Fine Arts Fund (FAF) to provide a permanent source of income to support fine arts activities in the Shakopee Public School District
*UPDATED: The Shakopee Alumni Association is incorporated with State of Minnesota and has been classified by the IRS as a Section 501(c)(3) public charity. Charitable contributions to SAA are now deductible to the extent allowable by law.