2021/22 Middle School Program
Shakopee Online's Middle School (6th - 8th Grades) programming will incorporate all required Minnesota State Standards in Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Math. Dependent upon enrollment, multiage groupings may be considered in the core content areas. The daily schedule will match that of the buildings and students will be expected to attend all live instruction daily. Students can expect to spend the day engaging in their online learning experience, just as they would if they were in person learning.
Specific program highlights include:
- Daily LIVE instruction and interaction with a licensed Shakopee teacher. Daily attendance is required.
- Virtual social opportunities
- Assigned collaborative group times
- A focus on the skills of analysis, synthesis, and critical thinking
- 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will be assigned a variety of electives by quarter