On April 26, 2021 the School Board, by a unanimous vote, adopted the following vision and priorities related to Equity & Inclusion:
Equity needs to be a central part of the fabric of who we are and everything we do.
Equity needs to be part of our vision and culture, and it needs to be a key component in making the thousands of choices and decisions we make every day.
Equity is dealing fairly and equally with all concerned. Equitable is freedom from bias or favoritism.
- A commitment to ensure that each and every Shakopee Public Schools student is “our” student and “my” student.
- Measures of student learning performance become less predictable over time.
- Each and every student feels welcome when entering our schools.
Thoughts & Supporting Documents
- Policy 102A.
- Board equity and inclusion statement.
- Need to focus on professional growth in a comprehensive manner, across the entire district.
- The enrollment of our most challenging courses should be representative of the diversity in our student body.