AVID Student Criteria & Application Process
Applying for AVIDApplications to apply for AVID are now CLOSED for the 2023-24 school year!
Being in AVID is voluntary. AVID students sign the AVID Student Agreement indicating their commitment to the program and to their success. The initial commitment is one year. Students are highly encouraged to continue in AVID as they progress through junior high school and throughout high school. According to studies conducted by AVID, students experience the best results after being in the class for at least three years. AVID students usually choose to stay in AVID until they graduate from high school.
- In the academic middle
- College and Career focused with support
- Good attendance
- Demonstrates good citizenship in and out of the classroom
- Has the desire and individual determination to work hard and succeed
- Works well with others
- May be first generation in family to attend college
- Historically underserved in four-year colleges and universities
- Special circumstances