Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC)
SEPAC Mission Statement
The purpose of the council will be to create collaboration with special services administration, teachers, and parents through an advisory council in which parents of children receiving special education and the District will work together for the continuous improvement of special education services.
- Work collaboratively with the school district to improve education outcomes for students with disabilities.
- Advocate for children with disabilities and, on behalf of those children, for parents of children with disabilities.
- Special education services will enable students to develop positive social relationships, successful school to adult transition, and healthy self-awareness.
- Promote a network of parents and children and a forum for sharing ideas and information.
- Promote communication and programs within the community to encourage understanding, acceptance, and inclusion of children with special needs.
- Provide educational opportunities for parents to learn about additional ways to support their child and to advocate more effectively.
Click to view the SEPAC Bylaws