The role of the Assistive Technology Consultant is to provide support to IEP teams by evaluating, acquiring, training, and implementing technology strategies for students with disabilities. IEP team members will contact the Assistive Technologist when consultation is needed to explore technology options that will promote student progress towards IEP goals and objectives.
Examples of support include:
- Overview of information related to Assistive technology
- Assistive technology consideration for students (informal or formal)
- Support in acquiring Assistive technology and devices
- Support with Assistive technology trials (devices or equipment)
- Support student training of use and care of the device Staff development training (both individual and small group)
- Suggestions for technology integration