Welcome to Our Shakopee Learning Commons
The Learning Commons is a space where teachers and students collaborate, innovate, communicate and share learning. It merges the best of technology and print or physical worlds by creating instructional, individual and collaborative, makerspace and literacy zones within the Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons is staffed by a media assistant and technology assistant(s).
Media Specialists teach literacy, digital citizenship and STREAM lessons in elementary buildings and coordinate collections and literacy promotion across the district.
The Learning Commons strives to be a One-Stop Shop for:
- Technology troubleshooting, advice, and integration ideas
- Literacy resources for classroom lessons and students
- Green Screen filming and video production
- Intervention/Personalized learning needs
- Device check-out
- Media lessons and research
- Makerspace and STREAM opportunities