Welcome to Our Shakopee Learning Commons
The Learning Commons is a space where teachers and students can collaborate, innovate, communicate and share learning. It merges the best of technology and print or physical worlds by creating instructional, individual and collaborative, makerspace, and literacy zones within the Learning Commons.
The Learning Commons is staffed by a media assistant, technology assistant(s), and Digital Learning Coordinator (DLC).
Media Specialists teach literacy and digital citizenship lessons in elementary buildings and coordinate collections and literacy promotions across the district.
The Learning Commons strives to be a One-Stop Shop for:
- Technology troubleshooting
- Literacy resources for classroom lessons
- Collaboration with DLC
- Literacy resources for students
- Green Screen filming and video production
- Intervention/Personalized learning needs
- Technology advice and integration ideas
- Device check-out
- Media lessons and research
- Makerspace and STREAM opportunities