Shakopee Hall of Fame
Each year the Shakopee Alumni Association, in partnership with Shakopee Public Schools, will sponsor an annual event for the Shakopee Distinguished Alumni and Athletic Hall of Fames.
We will accept nominations until June 30 of each year, for consideration for that year's class of inductees.
Criteria for Inductees
- Nominees are selected from graduates of Shakopee High School. Nominees not meeting the criteria as a graduate of Shakopee High School, but who have made a significant impact or contribution to Shakopee Public Schools may be recommended as a "Friend" of the Shakopee Alumni Association and are eligible for induction into the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame.
- Nominees are first eligible for selection 10 calendar years following their graduation.
- Selection is based on achievements which shall include a worthy record in more than one and exemplary achievement in at least one of the following: job-related achievements; professional honors and awards, professional affiliations, publications, civic or community involvement; personal achievements/accomplishments; positive impact on the communities of Shakopee Public Schools; other appropriate qualifications which the committee believes merit consideration.
Election of Inductees
- The Shakopee Alumni Association Selection Committee may select a maximum of 4 inductees each year.
- The Selection Committee may select a maximum of 1 "Friend" recipient per year or none if they so desire.
- All nominees not selected in one of these three categories will remain on the nominee selection list for 2 years.