Food Service Information & Forms
Updated January 13, 2021
The district will offer meal pick up for Shakopee IHD AND Shakopee Online students every Tuesday from 10 am until 2 pm per the start dates and pick up locations noted below. These meals replace take home meals IHD students have brought home from school prior to the transition. Should the IHD model shift back to Hybrid, families would be notified of meal pick up adjustments.
To sign up for meals, please click here: https://bit.ly/IHDSaberMeals
While you only need to sign up once, this must be done by 10am on Monday before your first Tuesday pick up. By doing so, the food services team will have the necessary time to pack the requested take home meals.
- PLEASE ONLY REGISTER A STUDENT ONCE; CONTINUAL REGISTRATIONS ARE NOT REQUIRED.
- YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL NOR WILL YOU BE REQUIRED TO PRESENT YOUR ONLINE SUBMISSION AT PICKUP. FAMILIES CAN SIMPLY SHOW UP EVERY TUESDAY TO COLLECT MEALS.
The below important updates only apply to those families who have registered for weekly Tuesday meal pickup.
- The last day to pick up weekly district meals at your pre-selected elementary location is Tuesday, January 19th. On Tuesday, January 26th, pickups that were designated for an elementary school will move to the below locations.
- Jackson meal pickups will move to Shakopee High School
- Red Oak and Eagle Creek meal pickups will move to East Middle School
- Sun Path and Sweeney meal pickups will move to West Middle School
- The last Tuesday meal pickup for registered elementary IHD students, regardless of selected pickup location, will be Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Meals will be provided during school as part of the normal five day in-person schedule.
- Families with children in the elementary IHD program AND other district schools that have previously signed up for weekly meals can still pick up for their early learning, Shakopee Online (K-12) and/or secondary children.
Tuesday meals will have five (5) breakfast and five (5) lunch per student.
If you are a family that was going to apply for a free/reduced meal benefits, formal applications are still required.
Parents/guardians should enter the school double doors at the noted location for meal pickup. A mask/face covering will be required for entry. Only one (1) adult and accompanying children, if necessary, should enter for meal collection. Families can show up every Tuesday once registered and their grade is open for pickup.
Meal pick up locations:
Registered and eligible families may pick up at any Shakopee Public Schools location listed below. However, please do not change pickup location.
Shakopee High School - Door 20, field house, off Koeper Avenue/Caspian Lane
East Middle School - Door B
West Middle School - Main entrance off 10th Ave, big brown door next to the bank of cafeteria windows
Meal requests will continue each week unless the Food & Nutrition services team is notified that meals are no longer necessary. Should the IHD model shift back to Hybrid, families would be notified of meal pick up adjustments.
If you have any questions, please contact Deb: 952-496-5140 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR Carol: 952-496-5141 or email@example.com.
Free USDA Meals Through End of 2020/21 School Year
Per a recent USDA extension, school meals will continue to be offered to ALL students free of charge for the remainder of the 2020/21 school. This includes free onsite meals for elementary IHD students during in-person learning. Students and their families will not need to fund meal accounts.
Application for Educational Benefits & Free/Reduced MealsSupport your school by completing an educational benefits applicationWhile the present application period for Educational Benefits closed on January 4, 2021, you can still plan ahead and prepare for the next application cycle. This is a simple way to support your child’s school as well as funding for students that need more academic or general support.Click here for more information and access to the submission process (online and paper applications).