Food Service Information and Forms
Per recent USDA adjustments, anyone ages 0-18 can receive a free breakfast and lunch each week until December 31, 2020 or until funds are exhausted. These meals are available to anyone ages 0-18.
When to fill out a form and request free at-home meals:
- You are a Shakopee IHD - Hybrid family and want to have meals (i.e. breakfast and lunch) sent home for offsite days.
- You are a Shakopee Online family and want to have meals (i.e. breakfast and lunch) at home, Monday - Friday.
- You are a family with a child or children ages 0-18 and want to have meals (i.e. breakfast and lunch) at home, Monday - Friday.
Shakopee IHD - Hybrid Logistics
- If your student is at school (onsite) as part of the Shakopee IHD - Hybrid program, they will receive a free meal (i.e. breakfast and lunch). You do NOT need to fill out a form to receive a free meal on these onsite days during the Hybrid program.
- Meals will be sent home with your child on the day they are in school to eat the next day IF they signed up to receive these meals.
Shakopee Online or Any Other Child/Children Ages 0-18 Logistics
If you are a family that was going to apply for a free/reduced meal benefits, we still need formal applications submitted.
- For Shakopee Online students or any other children ages 0-18 not enrolled in school, meals can be requested in the form and picked up at the WEST end of the High School at door #20 once per week (on Tuesdays).
- Weekly meals will include 5 breakfast and 5 lunches per student; milk included with each meal
- Meal pick-up will be every Tuesday at the high school between the hours of 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- Door #20 is located at the field house off Koeper Avenue/Caspian Lane
If you have any questions, please contact Deb at 952-496-5140 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.Important ClarificationsIf your child is physically in school they will automatically received the free breakfast and lunch if they go through the meal line. Your child will go through the meal line as they normally do. For the children that attend Hybrid on A or B days, you do need to fill out the form if you would like meals sent home with your child on the day they are in school to be eaten the next day when they are at home doing the online learning.
If your child is only a part of Shakopee Online or not a student, and you would like to pick up a week’s worth of meals you do need to fill out the form. Any form filled out after 9 am on Mondays, will not be processed that week and therefore meals would not be available until the following week. All meals requested will continue until you notify the food services team that you would like to stop the free meals.
Free & Reduced-Price Meals
Children in households participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) and foster children can get free school meals without reporting household income. Also, children can get free school meals if their household income is within the maximum income shown for their household size in the instructions.
Families need to reapply each school year for Free and Reduced Meals to continue to receive the benefit. Families that have NOT applied for the current 2020-21 school year should do so BEFORE Monday, October 5, 2020. If you have already completed an 2020-21 school year application, no further action is needed at this time unless the Food Services team contacts you directly.
Please fill out an application online here
You may apply at any time during the school year if your income goes down, household size goes up or if you start getting Food Stamps, MFIP or FDPIR benefits. Approval is valid for the 2020-21 school year. Applications cannot be approved if any required information is missing. You may be asked to send written proof of information.
More information on the program can be here: https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2020/08/31/usda-extends-free-meals-kids-through-december-31-2020