Secondary HP Programs - Grades 6 to 8
Shakopee Schools High Potential (HP) Services programming for Grades 6-8 transitions to Accelerated courses at our middle schools throughout the district.
- HP programming transitions from the K-5 model of dedicated HP teachers who conduct "pull-out" services for 4th and 5th graders in Math and Reading to a 6-12 model focused on accelerated classes taught by regular education teachers and supported by our HP Coordinator.
- Students qualify for accelerated courses based on their previous two years' subject area relevant grades and scores, consistently in the 85%ile or higher. If your student does not automatically qualify for an accelerated course, you may appeal the decision with your building principal using the form linked HERE
ADVANCED COURSESThe following advanced courses are available to students who demonstrate the required skills, knowledge, and capability.6th Grade
- Accelerated Math | Pre-Algebra
- Twice Accelerated Math | Algebra
- Accelerated Math | Algebra I
- Twice Accelerated Math | Geometry
- Accelerated Science 7
- Accelerated Math | Geometry
- Twice Accelerated Math | Accelerated Algebra II
- Science | Accelerated Earth Science