In-Person Learning - Secondary
Secondary IHD Transition to In-Person - What to Expect
- In-school meals: Per a recent USDA extension, school meals will continue to be offered to ALL students free of charge, which includes onsite meals for secondary IHD students. Students and their families will not need to fund meal accounts.
- A free and reduced meal form (application for educational benefits) should still be on file for those families who qualify as funds are applied to additional areas outside of meals.
- Questions? Please email Carol in Food Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (952) 496-5141.
- School Start/End Time & Schedule
- Secondary IHD students will keep the same school start and end times as well as the daily class schedule they have been using during the hybrid learning model.
- East and West Middle Schools: 4 period block schedule; 7:45am - 1:55pm
- Shakopee High School: 4 period block schedule; 8:20am - 2:30pm
- Secondary IHD students will ride the same bus route (stop times and bus unchanged).
- Reminder details are available in parent portal.
- If your student(s) is eligible for transportation but presently does not take the bus and would like to, please fill out the opt-in transportation form that can be found here as soon as possible. Please allow 2-3 days for your bus request to be processed. If you have additional transportation questions, please contact Transportation@shakopee.k12.mn.us
- Health and Safety
- The return to in-person learning means we need to maintain our diligence in keeping our school community safe. This gives us the greatest opportunity to have all our students in our buildings each and every day.
- Please remember to stay home if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms and call your school to report the absence.
- Mask wearing is required. Physical distancing is expected when possible. Frequent hand washing is strongly recommended.
- Custodians and staff will continue to disinfect and clean high touch surfaces throughout the day.