Sent to all secondary IHD families & staff on March 23, 2021
RE: Secondary IHD Transition to In-Person Learning
Dear Shakopee IHD Secondary Families,
Per an action item approved (7-0) at the March 22 School Board business meeting, Shakopee secondary IHD students in grades 6-12 at East Middle School, West Middle School and Shakopee High School will transition into the in-person portion of the learning model per the below adjusted schedule.
Important Dates | Click here for the full district calendar
o March 26 | No school, all K-12 students including IHD and Shakopee Online
o April 1| End of third quarter
o April 2, 5-9 | Spring Break | No School for PreK-12 students; April 2 is a work day for staff
o April 12-15 | Secondary IHD students in hybrid learning model, standard A/B rotation; April 12 is an A day
o April 16 & 19 | No school, secondary IHD students only | Secondary IHD teacher planning/preparation days
o April 20 | All secondary IHD students return to in-person learning model, every day
Please note, Tokata Learning Center follows components of the IHD program, but has additional flexibility in providing services due to the unique nature of their programs. Therefore, their programming may not follow the above schedule.
Additional Secondary IHD Updates & Information
- School Start/End Time & Schedule
- Secondary IHD students will keep the same school start and end times as well as the daily class schedule they have been using during the hybrid learning model.
- East and West Middle Schools: 4 period block schedule; 7:45am - 1:55pm
- Shakopee High School: 4 period block schedule; 8:20am - 2:30pm
- Secondary IHD students will ride the same bus route (stop times and bus unchanged).
- Reminder details are available in parent portal.
- If your student(s) is eligible for transportation but presently does not take the bus and would like to, please fill out the opt-in transportation form that can be found here as soon as possible. Please allow 2-3 days for your bus request to be processed. If you have additional transportation questions, please contact Transportation@shakopee.k12.mn.us
- Per the USDA extension, school meals will continue to be offered to ALL students free of charge, which includes onsite meals for secondary IHD students. Students and their families will not need to fund meal accounts.
- Questions? Please email Carol in Food Services at email@example.com or call (952) 496-5141.
- Health & Safety
- The return to in-person learning means we need to maintain our diligence in keeping our school community safe. Click here for a COVID-19 reminder resource.
- Please remember to stay home if you experience any COVID-19 symptoms and call your school to report the absence.
- Mask wearing is required for students and staff. Physical distancing is expected when possible. Frequent hand washing is strongly recommended.
- Custodians and staff will continue to disinfect and clean high touch surfaces throughout the day.
- Future Communication
- Your student’s home secondary school will provide further details on programming, building resources/procedures and other day-to-day related items. Please continue to check your Canvas account and district email on file for updates.
- District and County COVID-19 data will continue to be posted on the district website along with weekly building wide COVID-19 courtesy communications sent every Wednesday.
Shakopee Online Reminder:
- Shakopee Online is a year-long virtual program separate from the IHD program. Students enrolled and participating in Shakopee Online are not included in transition/planning day schedule adjustments nor are the above details applicable.